The Adventures Of Our Little Family Of Three

Monday, July 2, 2012

May and June Catch-Up Post

Since I have not blogged in nearly three months, I thought I'd do a catch-up post to fill in the gaps on this blog. Things have been so busy, yet so wonderful at our house these past few months. We've had a lot of changes, and a lot to be thankful for.

I want to start out with a little catch-up from the end of April. Jon, Riley and I headed out to the Annual Oklahoma City Festival of the Arts, and although we didn't look at much art, we all had a blast! This festival has the most amazing food each year, catered in by different gourmet restaurants in OKC. Here's Riley eating some pizza...His palate is not at gourmet level, but he enjoyed it. ;)


Riley really loved playing in the new childeren's park at the botanical gardens. He even showed us how brave he was, and climbed all the way to the top of the big toy.



While we were all enjoying the fun of the festival, our house was being transformed! Jon and I had wanted to replace the carpet in our living, dining and hallway for quite sometime. So, finally our dreams came true! (Minus a few bumps in the road....translation: Home Depot is very difficult to deal with)

We went from this...


To this...


And finally, to THIS!!!




We couldn't be happier with the results, and are so thankful to have this little project complete.

Next up was my birthday and Mother's Day. My boys sent me roses at work, and gave me two adorable cards.


My husband also took me to a local dive called S&B Burger Joint. Man were those hamburgers good! Oh, and their bloody marys are famous, and a must if you go there. Here's the bloody bacon...notice the actual slice of bacon in the drink.


Memorial Day crept up on us quick. We spent the weekend grilling, swimming, and gardening.

Blue Cheese Stuffed Burger

Our pretty hydrangeas and impatients...We also planted carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes and jalepenos in the back yard.
Riley loves the "Water Pool"...as he calls it.



Unfortunately, bad luck struck me...literally! I was sitting at a stoplight on my way home from picking up Riley from daycare, and I was slammed into. A mini-van rear-ended me, causing me to slam into the car in front of me. I think God that Riley and I were not seriously hurt, and that my car stood up as well as it did. Here's a few pictures from the scene...



This little red car is the one I was shoved into. The minivan that hit me was totaled. Fortunately for me, the person who was responisble for the wreck was responsible for my car and the car in front of me. So, my car ended up being totaled. (Which was nice, because I was so tired of having to constantly take it to the dealership every time something went wrong). I'm glad to have that mess behind me now...and I'm doing better now that I get to drive this...
Acura RSX

Some other big changes have been going on...I found out in April that the company I worked for and dearly loved (Urban Dealight) was going to close. I was devastated, and doing my least favorite thing...job hunting. To my appreciation, I had a few job offers, but ultimately ended up exactly where I've always wanted to be, at Devon Energy! I'm a JV Accountant. I am so happy to be back in oil and gas, and it has been a dream of mine for at least 5 years to work for Devon. I love the building, the people, the work, etc. I am very blessed to have been given an opportunity to work for such an amazing company.


My views...


Well...That's everything that's been going on with us lately! More posts to come as we find creative ways to beat this Oklahoma heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment